View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: 198Plus build by Alan's Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Alan

Glad to see that you got some work, and it is not another miata...while looking at the pics, I was thinking the same thing about the doors, repops might be a better long term solution even though you can get these back in shape with your skills.

198plus

Welcome to the board, your truck is in good hands. When Alan gets yours done, that will be 2 trucks he has made progress on in a short time, really makes me feel like a slacker...
about the Miata. Super Chevy is in town this weekend 198 says he's going there to see what he can find. I hope I get to go to the show also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffrida2005 View Post
Good to see you got some work Alan! I cant wait to see this build up!
I'm happy also. I want to do him a good job while working with his budget. We had a good conversation today about the doors. I think some better used doors or even new would be the lesser of the 2 evils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
Good going Allan. You'll have some extra $$$ for your build. Now all you need is time to do both.
Thanks Dennis, I guess I can work on mine when I get some downtime waiting on parts etc.

Tonight it took 2.5 hours to get the bed apart without destroying it. I had too torch 90% of the bolts and didn't mess anything up.

For those that might need to know this is where the rear sill welds to the inner panels. Fleets are the same. My fleet had a tack on the top of the sill also. This one didn't. Remember the bed is upside down in the pic.

Ready for the blaster

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote