View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 02:59 AM   #59
BRL

Re: How much did your truck cost>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Good bank for the buck you got there like I said nice truck
Well thank you for the complement 72c20customcamper! seems I can never get enough of that!

Of course there are a few maintenance items that have added to the cost of operating this truck over the years, like the 4 wheel drum brake master cylinder I had to replace last month. (after 51 years the dang thing was entitled to leak a little)

I have 2 tool boxes bolted to the fenderwells so that was a breeze!

Replaced the rotted bed wood with a sheet of plywood with polished stainless strips on top for looks. (the plastic tubs are for grocery shopping)

The high back buckets were obtained from a salvage yard for $35 and I put an 8" Rockford Fosgate sub in between them for a killer stereo system!

The truck was originally an OD green Bell Telephone work truck, and every now and then I'll find traces of that paint, (like above the master cylinder) but somebody did a really thorough paint job on it.

Just checked the odometer and it says 88429 miles, and I do remember watching with glee as it turned over long ago.
This is my daily driver, so it has held up very well indeed!

After seeing what some tired '67-'72 trucks are going for on craigslist these days, I am kind of curious what my truck might be worth now...

NOT THAT I'D EVER SELL IT!

Last edited by BRL; 08-21-2020 at 03:53 AM.
BRL is offline   Reply With Quote