View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 11:43 PM   #7
Chevy nutcase

Re: Are these trucks worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys_MB View Post
The Chrysler transmission isn’t necessarily incorrect. I can’t tell based on your photos, but the New Process NP435 is a Chrysler product and came in some of these trucks. Mine and a lot of base mode GMC’s, for example, have the NP435 transmission.
Thank you, this is the kind of info I was hoping for that only a hardcore chevy lover would know. Sorry I cant be more descriptive but folks on marketplace for some reason dont know much or explain what they are selling but are awfully firm on the prices they set. I had no idea a transmission was swappable between GM and Chrysler. As for the rust I figured I'd trust my gut on the black one and run. I know what areas are prone to rust on these and my original concern was if the truck was valuable enough to over look the cancer. I've fixed and welded my fair share of body panels and while a few rockers and cab corners dont scare me, I dont want to order an entire new truck from lmc. Also thank you to everyone else that responded. I really appreciate it

Last edited by Chevy nutcase; 04-10-2021 at 11:49 PM.
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote