Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #278
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

So I started tinkering with the cruise control last night. My PSI harness manual had a diagram in it that was similar to one I found on here courtesy of Ackattack (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=398006). Looking at the diagram, I was having a hard time wrapping my head around how this works. So I set up my "test bench" and with a bunch of jumpers, a 9V battery, my Rosta stalk and my volt meter and made it happen.

Once I started probing around, it all made sense. Since the Rosta stalk outputs a constant 12V on the set/coast line, and pressing the set/coast button interrupts 12V, it all started making sense. This configuration uses this as the trigger for both relays to get the desired outputs. Pretty trick. Since I am using a Dakota Digital dash, I added another relay to get a ground signal for the DD controller so it will show the cruise light on the dash.

I drew this relay layout last night to hopefully help others. I am going to do an in depth post and video on how to hook all of this up soon.
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote