View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
tekno62

Re: Brake problem – cant lock them up

why cant I do that when its installed in the truck... my dad and I have bleed brakes for years, and have had no problem removing the air from the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
If you have to ask what bench bleeding is, you shouldnt be doing your brakes. Thats between life and death there you not stopping.

Basically when you buy the mastercylinder you lock it in your vise. Have someone help you and what you do is fill it full of fluid and then put your fingers over the 2 outlets. Nowhave someone push the cylinder in and before they let it back out, cover the outlet holes so that it sucks fluid down. You will do this quite a few times and eventually when you press down on the plunger you will get no air just fluid out of the outlets.. They do sell bench bleed kits that make it easier and less messy...

Do a quick google search and you will find a ton of articles to help you out. And just because you didnt bench bleed it doesnt mean its bad. It just takes that much longer to bleed the brakes. Just easier to take the MC out and bench bleed it, and reinstall and then bleed the brakes in the correct order.
tekno62 is offline   Reply With Quote