View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #82
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Looks great, Larry. Shackle flip and zero rate for the back? What will it have for tires the rest of the time?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks MTCK! Yeah, shackle flip for sure but it may need more than a zero rate. I might actually have to throw a lift block in there to make it sit level (I hate blocks but it is what it is). The plan is to do the shackle flip then bolt the tires on with the old axle still in place and let it on the ground to see how low it is compared to the front. From there I can determine if a zero rate block or a lift block will need to be used when I bolt the 14 bolt ff in. We’ll see!

The small tires on the aluminum wheels (the ones that were on the Burb when I got it) will be the main tires even though they will be quite small now. Once they get worn away I plan on using some type of 315/75R16 all-terrain tire on Desert Rat Raton wheels.

These are the wheels I plan to eventually get for it whenever I get some 315’s. Its going to be a while as I got higher priorities for it before a tire and wheel purcha$e. The K10 needs tires too so the Burb will have to wait a while.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote