View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 11:06 PM   #16
RotaryRocketeer

Re: Fuel Condition and Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
Going to revive this thread in the hopes of some more recent info. I've now had two carbs get so gummed up from fuel(?) that I've swapped them out in lieu of a rebuild. Most recent is the Holley 600. Put the edelbrock back on and will rebuild the holley in the meantime. So I guess I'm at the point where I need to consider running something in the tank full time. I drive the truck pretty often (at least 1-2x week), so I didn't think it was sitting long enough to cause problems. SO, I guess I'll start preemptively using some fuel treatment.
I've cleaned out previous motors w/ SeaFoam, so I'm thinking about slowly running that through the fuel tank for the remainder of the summer and fall, then switch to either Sta-bil or Star Tron when the truck has a chance of sitting for longer periods of time.

As for brand, I've been using Exxon. I'll switch to Shell in the off-chance that brand is actually a problem, but really can't believe the fuel type was causing the problems as much as the existence of ethanol inclusion which is across the board here in NJ.
How much soft line does your fuel system have?
RotaryRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote