View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 01:49 AM   #15
Slammed66
Needs a Big Block

I am feeling MUCH better tonight , from my reasearch , I have comluded that I became way over exposed when I sprayed bedliners and foam insullation on traveltrailers, the company I worked for didnt give a **** about me , I ran the buisness, they refused to get me a helper, I was working 18-19 hours aday for 12 dollars an hour, they always promised if I did this then we could........

anyway, they saftey equipment was marginal, I tried my best but they would never upgrade it for me, I ended up putting out of my own pocket for a bunch of stuff, they did have a fresh air setup they bought used and worked very poorly, Yea, I wo0rked myt ass off as they promised me the big dollars when I got the company out of debt ( which I came damn close to doing) which never paid off as the owner was stealing the money from my shop to pay the bills at his other larger business, which folded and took mine down with it ( a blessing in disguise)

anyway it seems I became sensitized to iso's and this is my bodys way of saying stay the hell away , it has scared the hell out of me.

I am quite pissed off now at my privious boss, I know this has cost me , if I were to have an attack like this again there is a chance my lungs will swell and I would die .

IM only 21 , and to have had this experience not as severe in the past, at the liner shop, and now ,is a real eye open , I should have been more carful .
I will preach the ways of propper breathing apperatus,

Life is too short I know this at the age of 10 I watched my father pass away due to cancer, I will do everything I can to prevent this from everhappening should I ever have a family of my own.

I consider my self lucky today
Id like this to be an eye open for the rest of you, work safe and work smart, the risk isnt worth anything.
Matt Davies
1972 K10
Slammed66 is offline   Reply With Quote