View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #97
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Quote:
Originally Posted by egarage View Post
I have a 46 1/2 ton chevy and I have a 69 chevy 292 that I want to install and would like to know if you made your moter mount brackets or did you buy them. Also would you still rework the fire wall or would you move the radiator forword if you had to do it again?
As far as the motor mounts, .....the pieces you see bolted to the motor are from chassis engineering. the brackets on the frame I made myself and just used the standard rubber pucks you can buy for any motor. Actually I think the pucks came with the motor mounts from CE.

As far as the 292 situation, I don't know yet. I don't have all the fancy fabrication equipment that I really need so I am struggling right now with the fire wall. I think what I am going to do is have Scott's Hot Rods make me a box for the set back and just bolt it in place.

I guess if I had thought it out better I could have left the radiator bracket in its stock location and somehow welded different flanges on the radiator to move it more forward towards the front of the truck. If I remember correctly though I needed almost 2" more clearance for the fan not to hit the radiator. I definitely didn't want to be bothered with moving the whole radiator support around because then I would have re-hang the entire nose of the truck with all new, different brackets.

I don't think I'll have to many updates for awhile because the wife and I are in the process of having a patio installed off the back of our house. Plus having to throw $800 at my work truck yesterday didn't help. DAMN CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS! Probably won't get a chance to get back to the 46 for 2-3 weeks.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote