View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #98
Scottshotrods

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
As far as the motor mounts, .....the pieces you see bolted to the motor are from chassis engineering. the brackets on the frame I made myself and just used the standard rubber pucks you can buy for any motor. Actually I think the pucks came with the motor mounts from CE.

As far as the 292 situation, I don't know yet. I don't have all the fancy fabrication equipment that I really need so I am struggling right now with the fire wall. I think what I am going to do is have Scott's Hot Rods make me a box for the set back and just bolt it in place.

I guess if I had thought it out better I could have left the radiator bracket in its stock location and somehow welded different flanges on the radiator to move it more forward towards the front of the truck. If I remember correctly though I needed almost 2" more clearance for the fan not to hit the radiator. I definitely didn't want to be bothered with moving the whole radiator support around because then I would have re-hang the entire nose of the truck with all new, different brackets.

I don't think I'll have to many updates for awhile because the wife and I are in the process of having a patio installed off the back of our house. Plus having to throw $800 at my work truck yesterday didn't help. DAMN CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS! Probably won't get a chance to get back to the 46 for 2-3 weeks.
We are ready when you are !!!

Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote