View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 02:06 AM   #36
1Bad 37

Re: 1Bad37: C5 Corvette Meets '37 Chevy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by namloc View Post
Just gotta say on your build , or unbuild and build up this truck is *****in. Keep up the work. Ya got skill and some teachin in ya.
Thank you!! I see you're local, if you see me at a show next summer say hi!

Sorry its been a while! I've been busy with summer!

Uhh so I apparently didn't update that I had put the rear suspension parts back on the frame, so here's some pics of that back when it was clean...

Also say hello to my new skid plate back there

See, in the background the firewall is bare metal

Something I did and still have to finish is defrost vents which seem like an easy task, but aren't because of the windshield and a bar under it... I really want the vents to be as inconspicuous as possible, so they're not going to have any bezels or anything, this is basically done, but imagine the nailheads gone.

This is how the inside is going to be connected, there is a bar right in that area so these have to be both flat and make a 90 degree turn, as well as having a spot for the air hose to connect to.

I somehow got it in my head that the door gaps were ridiculously large, and they were, opening up to almost a half inch in one spot, and I could literally shove my pinkie into this gap... Well stupid me decided that this needed to be remedied... (don't get me wrong, its a great idea to shrink the gaps, but after figuring out its at least 40 FEET of welded and ground edge, it seems like a massive PITA with a small visual gain.)

Pretty horrendous ~10mm gap there...

Buzz, buzz. Fun fact, those are actually 16 penny nails without heads or pointy ends
Buzz buzz more.

Extend!

Repeat the weld and grind for many hours and this appears. This is a ~2mm gap in the door, or about half what my e30 in the background's panel gaps are

Driver's side. I'm using a large flat grinder blade to make the door edge straight.

If you happen to clean your bondo board with paint thinner near where you are grinding on the door, you can make fire unintentionally!

Random pic in middle of body filler on the firewall.

To now...

The shop as a big mess with body filler dust on everything, progress is slow but happening.

I'm still working on the driver's door edge. The firewall is nearly done, a few more skim coats and it should be nice. I'm thinking about going to talk to a local about having a seat made, and will hopefully make some primer fly next week. Lots to do.

Last edited by 1Bad 37; 09-03-2015 at 02:19 AM.
1Bad 37 is offline   Reply With Quote