View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Another one to be resurrected

So yesterday my nephew came over and we were messing around with junk in the yard.. and we got to pulling the motor and trans the rest of the way out of the truck. the motor definitely messed up third cylinder from front passenger side the connecting rod snapped during a ride and got wedged up in there. Its never a good sign when you drain the oil and pure new anti freeze comes out..This is very much a shame as it appears someone was in this block not too long ago the timing chain was a double roller and was nice lifters and pushrods were good and these pistons and all were very clean so this was a motor that had been fairly recently worked on / rebuilt I took it apart more as a why than as a reason to see if it could be saved
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 03-30-2018 at 01:46 PM.
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote