View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #31
TKCR

Re: The dash pad matrix...who makes the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
So I just got off the phone with Dashes Direct. I called because their web page isn't working regarding dealers. Aside from USA 1, LMC sells their vinyl covered dash, which is most like the OEM pads, fyi.

We started talking about dyeing the pads, which they both do. The difference is, as stated above, USA 1 is dyeing black pads after they're shipped to them. Maybe the do some kind of baking process with the dye, but he wasn't sure. But, the difference is, Dashes Direct dyes their dash pads during the molding process, which apparently goes up to 300 degrees F. So, the color really is getting backed in.

He said that the dash pads LMC sells are dyed by Dashes Direct to match the color seats/door panels LMC sells. So LMC picks the colors, and hence why they don't match stock exactly.

However, it just so happened that for some reason they had done a batch of correct color for saddle interiors (it wasn't called saddle, but he sent me pics of it and it looks spot on), so I purchased one directly from them. Saved a ton on shipping too. Glad I called.
Good info there! Now my only question to all this. I know USA1 Dashes are made over a metal frame, which has already been confirmed. But what about LMC? They have always been known to be over a non-metal frame. Which is why they warp in a short amount of time. So are they saying that LMC Dashes are now also over a metal frame?
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote