Thread: Body Roll
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 10:43 PM   #25
HAULIN' IT

Re: Body Roll

There is quite a bit of odd stuff going on there (including what appears to be the fuel cell mounted backwards). My first thought is to measure the "installed height" of the rear springs as they are now with the weight on them...bottom of upper spring mount to the top of the lower spring mount. This distance won't change unless you add or subtract weight from the rear of the truck. Make yourself some type of holder (square tube with the holes drilled to mount, a 4x4 block of wood cut to length, whatever). This way you can adjust the truck with a jack under the frame to where you want it & work from there.
Keep in mind, as you lower the truck, the front 4-link bracket is going with it!

What puzzles me is how high the spring brackets are vs. how low the front 4-link bracket is...clearly the person that installed the kit didn't have good forethought. By the time you get the truck down where it looks "correct", that lower mount will sitting on the ground. There are rather simple ways to fix what is going on there but will involve cutting the spring mounts off the housing, lower the truck to where you want it (or the front bracket hits the ground) then put the spring adapter closer to the center of the number of holes & weld it back on the housing.
Upfront, cut the bracket off that goofy mount & slide it up so the bottom hole is level to the lower hole on the rear end at your new, desired ride height then cut off all of that crap hanging down under the truck! My Two Cents, Lorne
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote