View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
joedoh

Re: Advanced Design on 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedespade View Post
I've searched and can't find any info on anyone doing a build.
there might be a good reason for this good buddy.

there is a project by BBeep in the project section that is a wider donor chassis I think trailblazer, and he widened the front fenders by using 2 ton stuff. nice solution, maybe look at it.

Quote:
I know the track width is a little wide but with different back spacing and a little widening of the fenders I can't say that would deter me either.
I hear a lot of guys say this about the wheel offset but remember that the 00-06 trucks already have FWD offset, so finding something with MORE offset than that is going to be a problem. if i remember BBeep said this too. and recently there was a tahoe swap on a 55-59, I dont remember his name either but the long and the short of it was it was too wide. you will need SEVERAL INCHES more offset.

Quote:
4wd is a must
I am not sure if Mr48 is suggesting a dakota 4wd but keep in mind that the dakota 4wd (and the s10 4wd for that matter) has torsion bar front suspension. that doesnt mean a lot till you are moving the motor back in the frame to fit a radiator and the transfer case runs into the torsion bar crossmember. you will need a plan for that, if thats the way you go.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote