View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 03:30 PM   #9
suedespade

Re: Advanced Design on 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon chassis?

Sorry, I missed the last posts from edgelycanuck and mongocanfly while I was side tracked during my last post.... anyways....

I'm a ticketed autobody tech with 20yrs experience. Never done a chassis swap but some of the wrecks I've fixed would rival the swap in technicality. I have the tools, and access to the shop space needed. As well as any of the extra help I'd need.

I'd love to go the 2wd route but to make it more worthwhile in the eyes of a certain someone (ie. my wife) and to help keep costs down as well, as I would want the full air ride setup. 4wd is the way to go for me. Not saying a 2wd truck can't be driven in a Saskatchewan winter, but it sure makes life a whole lot easier.

I've never considered the Canyon or Colorado, but I think I remember reading about the frames not being great for a swap. Then again this was back when I was looking at a 2wd s10 swap. A Jeep is an interesting idea. I'm not opposed to putting a jeep or Ford chassis under a chevy at all. I'm not a purist. But not gonna lie, having a 5.3 or 6.0 ls with a 6spd auto and having it come in its own chassis wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

In all honesty I'm beginning to get a little discouraged with this option. But not completely out of my mind yet. Glad I got some info and opinions before I was into it for a bunch of cash and time to be disappointed with it.
suedespade is offline   Reply With Quote