View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #106
au03z71

Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Hi,

I own a 1972 Chevy C-10 pickup with 5x5 bolt pattern. It's been air-bagged and is awaiting a new set of wheels. I am extremely interested in the Boss 338 in a 20"x10" rear and 20"x8.5" front. However, I am hearing from some of my constituents that the wheels will not fit my truck due to the hub opening on the wheel being too small and the mounting pad surface being inadequate.

There are some rumors, though, that the problem is being resolved with a revision to the aforementioned wheel specifications. Is this true? And, if so, will the revised wheel be issued under a new name or will it still be the 338? Also, if still called the 338, how would I determine if I am purchasing the wheel that fits my truck.

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions. My personal opinion is that the 338 is one of the sharpest wheels available and think that they would look great on older vehicles, if manufactured to fit without any extraneous modifications. I am a member of www.67-72chevytrucks.com and we have opened up an entire thread on discussion of the fitment of this wheel and I assure you that your customer base will flourish if these wheels were indeed made to fit our vehicles.

Thanks

Quintin
Just sent the above email to BOSS Motorsports... awaiting reply.