Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #67
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
With a fresh 3 row core radiator, a fan shroud and a good fan,you will have no problems keeping that little 327 cool. Especially being so mildly built. The 4 row cores require wider tanks and consequently the lower saddles and top hold down need to be changed.
Thanks John...I appreciate the knowledge and advice.

Radiator shopped called and said that the heater core was just fine...so they are going to back flush it and it should be good.

The radiator is a different kind of story...When I got the truck I knew it leaked...so before I left I put some grits in the radiator to stop the leak so I could get it home...Well it hasn't leaked since but I could tell that some of the fins were broke....They tested the radiator and it didn't leak...guess the grits are still holding up.

Anyways I decided to have new cores put in it...I figured since the motor was being rebuilt that no need to run an old radiator...So they are going to put a 3 core high efficiency set of cores in it.

Had to do chores yesterday so didn't get to work on the ole truck last night.

I did find an automatic steering column that I am going to be buying today...around 250.00...The company I bought it from has original columns and if I am correct they go through them and make sure everything is right....It also is adapted to work perfectly with the 700R4....so I will see when it gets here.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote