View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 12:27 AM   #325
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Volt Gauge Conversion Kits

[QUOTE=Stephen717;8372064]instead of running a hot leg between the temp and volt gauge could I leave part of my circuit board in place and tape the other part back?[/QUOTE

If you are referring to the amp gauge portion of the circuit board, they are both live. If you trace it back to the connector, you could actually wire your hot into the number one or twelve location on the connector. For the other side, that does not get used by the volt gauge. If you have amp gauge wiring correctly, either number one or twelve can be de pinned so no power passes through. That way you can wire the volt gauge with the circuit board.

You can run power to the volt gauge by any means you feel acceptable for your purpose. As long as it has battery voltage an ground, it will work.

One reason I like to tag off the temp gauge is for trouble shooting. If the user has a failure of a volt gauge, the question is does the temp gauge and fuel gauge still work. They all share power. if they all fail, then it is a different approach to diagnose.

I provide everything needed to swap this into your truck and have a source to wire it.

Hope this helps,

Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote