View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #8
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Now you can cut off the braces you have on the rear and add them to the front. Place them so that once you have cut out the section it is left in the bed near the wheel wells. The front of the bed will holds its own shape. The rear is about the same as the front. I had to jog my cut line over abit to make up for the gas door hole. I could not just do a straite cut thru the gas door because it would have hit the front stake pocket and the front bed support. I came 8 3/4" from the rear edge of the front stake pocket and then another 12" for the section that I would remove. Tape it off the same way as you did the front including the inside of the bed and the floor. Just the out side was joged and the inside stayed strate. I found it easier to make a cut on the inside of the bed from side to side near the bottom so when the out side was cut I could just lift off each side one by one then pull the floor out. Then unbolt the front bed mount bolts and remount it on the bed mount that the factory put right were we needed them.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images