View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: Rear end ratio too high

The cheapest way to go to a lower ratio is buy a used 3.08 rear and swap it in, sell you rear. Could break even. The cheapest way to deal with the problem of too high RPM on the hiway is slow down and enjoy the view or live with the RPMs these trucks ran since new. People didn't creep along in the slow lane in these trucks in the '70s. We are just used to everything with O/D now. I am running up and down the road every day in my '72 K2500 with 4.10s. 60 mph isn't so bad an RPM and the road belongs to all of us. If someone is driving slower in front then you have to slow down. There is no law that guarantees a person the right to drive as if there is no one else out there, nor is the speed limit a requirement. They are breaking the law driving that much "over" the speed "limit" you are traveling "under". You have the right to drive your chosen speed. They have the right to use the other lanes to go faster.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote