View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #155
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Havent updated in a bit.

Put about 40-50 miles on the truck over the weekend. Still fighting the Holley EFI a bit. My learned table is all over the place. Sometimes its adding fuel, sometimes its subtracting it. Ill get there eventually.

The new diff and gears work well together though. I wouldn't have wanted to go any shorter on the gear. If I new I was keeping this engine/trans combo forever I would probably do a 3.42 next time. Or my exhaust is just a little to loud.

If I get the engine running the way I feel it should, I may go back and redo the exhaust down to 2.5". This 3" is just way too big.

I did realize I was getting different coolant temp readings between the Holley and the Dakota Digital. I realized the Holley was in the waterpump return and not reading what it should. My only option without removing the intake manifold was to add a spacer between the intake and the tstat housing. Found one from Summit that fit the bill.

Found a dry spot out near my house. Took some good pics with my new Galaxy S10. Nice to have a fish to do some more unique shots.