View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #191
RADustin

Re: 1976 CCSB Duramax Project #trucknamedsue

Picking up where I left off-

I cut off the LB7 water neck and machined it to fit the LML water pump housing. Then welded it all up. This is so I can use off the shelf LB7 hoses.

Look at how much shorter the engine became with the LB7 parts:

vs LML parts-

The factory LML low pressure fuel lines run under the turbo and are kind of annoying. I redid everything to delete the factory filter housing and lines. Both the low pressure feed and return needed some special T fittings. So I ended up buying some 304ss JIC and nipple parts and cutting/welding as needed to make the lines as best I could.

fitting weld setup. fully back purged to keep it clean inside.

first setup of ac fitting adapters I tried. But they would be too tall-

I drew and machined (and later remachined) a heater hose adapter for the LB7 coolant neck. This goes straight to AN.

started dreaming up the induction side of things to clear everything. The turbo mouthpiece and y-bridge adapter will be multi-axis CNC from aluminum and coated black. Not sure if mentioned, but I'm running an SDP 5-axis y-bridge for LML.

printed a bunch of iterations of the mouthpiece. It mates to the turbo, hooks a turn, offsets, and expands in diameter and in one fluid cross-section.

transfer pump mounted to the frame. with integral stainless heat shield. I think I posted the 3d printed bracket before. So the plastic 3d print went to a bent piece of carbon steel to the frame. And a stainless shield bolts on, with heat reflection on that. Stainless doesn't like to conduct heat, so it works as a good shield.

ABS module mounted on the frame. used the factory LML truck bracket and welded tabs on it, since it floats on this bracket in rubber. I don't think I got a piece of it final cleaned up, but it was and powdered satin black.

Lift Pump mounted inside the drivers rail, close to the tank-

installed the slip yoke eliminator.

1976 GMC Sierra Classic C35 CCSB
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...25#post8188825

Last edited by RADustin; 12-23-2020 at 04:28 PM.
RADustin is offline   Reply With Quote