View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #16
70k52wd
Blaze-Air

Re: Project "Vertically Challenged"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
I disagree, they do fit well on the arm by it self but once placed in the saddle the lip of that saddle takes up allot of the button head's height. I would add a thick washer under the button head if it were me. Their is really allot of stress on those factory pins and they need full contact. You know it might be better to use a regular allen head bolt so you have a square edge like the factory pins did with added height of the head.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Roc, thanks for looking at thread. I had a 1/2in regular allen bolt in my hand. The standard 1/2in head fit the hole perfect in circumference. However I went with the button style as it will allow for height adjustment. It may be hard to see, but the front saddle has a spacer in place. Also with the standard head I would have to commit to drilling both the saddles and crossmember larger. I would have had to grind standard head down for correct fit as the head is too tall.

I am not an engineer, so I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that the u-bolts carry the load. If I'm wrong and anyone knows for sure, please let me know. I don't want to crash my truck.

Hey Lo, my factory cross shafts have two dimples. Maybe 73 style has em, 71-72 don't.
70k52wd is offline   Reply With Quote