View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #140
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 Truck LS/LT Swap System Info Thread

I purchased this kit (2.5") and wanted to give my thoughts for those thinking about it. My set up is a little different than all of the Holley parts recommended as they were not available when I was installing everything. I have a 6.0 sitting on POL stands. 4L80e trans with Dirty Dingo cross member. Speed Engineering Long Tube headers. I had already cut the holes in my trail arm cross member and they are not exactly where Holley have theirs as mine sit closer to the frame rails, but are 4" holes.

The kit fits amazingly well from the rear bumper to the h-pipe. The quality of the kit and the brackets are top notch. I highly recommend the kit over having a shop build you a stainless system.

The downside, if you want to call it that, is hooking up the H-pipe section to the headers. The headers sit lower than what the pipe is. I ended up having a local shop fabricate up some pipe to make the connection. I wasn't too bad to have done, but I could not find a local shop that could do mandrel bends, so I had to go with the old press bends. At some point I will put cut-outs in and have mandrel bends installed.

If anyone wants pics of my install let me know.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote