View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #12
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: pics of chevy luvs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey hotrod 80,you've had some awesome LUVs. I'd like to get one myself. We have another member here who never posts that lives up in the NW tip of Maryland who,among other SWB 67-87 Chevys,has a fondness for the LUVs. He has a few,including a former drag one that had been set-up for an Olds motor. It's all there except the motor. Hmmm...I need to make a phone call
If you want one , you better buy one NOW . They are almost gone here in Texas . I have been looking for another one that is buildable for almost a year . If one pops up in Texas ( big place ) im on it and usually cant get their in time .

These trucks were made in Japan by Isuzu for Chevrolet . There is a cult following world wide for them . LUV light utility vehicle in the US, B20, 24 or 26 (model name)in Austrailia , Faster (model name) in Japan and sold all over the world . Fully boxed frame with 7 solid crossmembers . Industrial style Isuzu 4 cylinder motor , think fork lift . Stout rear axle . Strong trucks , but not galavanized and thought of as disposable in some parts . They were sent over 4 piggy back with the first truck driving them into the cargo hull . The beds were shipped unpainted and stacked on the deck , so finding a bed that isnt rusted out is tough due to salt spray . The beds were painted and installed in the US at the dealership so they could claim "assembled in the USA "

Sorry got carried away as i really like these trucks
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote