View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 02:58 PM   #31
LT7A

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Our cheap rates start at 7pm. When the clock chimes either my wife or I will be reminded to go plug the car in (aka "Pavlov's EV drivers").

My wife is so frugal she will turn lights off with me sitting in the room. I plugged the car in at 6:54 one day and you would think she was never going to recover financially from that.

K
Thanks Keith, that cracked me up. I do respect the frugality, but those 6 minutes will probably not do you in

57TF, good summary!

DieselDawg, thanks for the challenges and the points you made, even if not everybody appreciates how you made them. Mostly stated elsewhere, but here's my own summary to explain why it's such a negative reaction. First, we don't like being told what to do. Second, we don't like the government spending our money to push an agenda. Third, it feels like it is threatening our hobby and a major source of enjoyment. I know I have some concern that gas will not become cheaper and that the government will erode our infrastructure for supplying it in order to further push the agenda. However, the oil lobby is huge. What works in this country is to let people decide for themselves. EVs can make a strong case for their own value, the government doesn't need to do it for them. Many people are going to decide that an EV fits their needs. The strongest change will happen when people buy their second EV and their first one hits the used car market. That will allow people in a different income bracket to experience whatever value the EV can provide for them - no need to try to push it along.