View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #1
JHarman69c10

Question Husbands-*1969 C10 manual 3speed - camper special project

Ok let me start off by saying hi I'm Lindsay... Aka wife of grumpy old man that just got a grumpy old truck. I apologise for any newbie behavior I'm more at home in a Ford explorer forum. Anywho I'll be posting questions and pictures of husband's 1969 Chevy c10 manual shift 3 speed long bed camper special. (Is it still a camper special if it doesn't have the camper?) Anyway so husband picked up this truck for $1000 (his grandfather had an almost exact match) and is currently restoring it.
So far he's got it running and gotten lights to work... That was an adventure to say the least. Previous owners really screwed with the wiring. Cosmetically it's not 2 bad, just a few typical spots. Undercarriage is a little rusty but not a lost cause at all... Well one control arm is Swiss cheese, and it needs a new radiator support. So it needs some love. Right now the biggest thing is getting it Functioning and protecting it for the winter (we live in Upstate Western NY and winter is coming allong with an ass ton of salt. And truck is husband's daily driver.)

So my top questions I hope you guys can answer, give advice, or point me in the direction of decent prices for parts...
1.) Hazzard knob... Pretty sure it's busted off in there (see picture) what do we have to do to get it out and make hazzards function again?

2.) Heater core and all components, previous owner disconnected everything instead of fixing the problem

3.) Need a new steering wheel and bearing (previous owner tried to pull the steering wheel without an actual puller .. looks like he took a hammer and chisel to it) so the wheel on there is not original nor does it fit properly.. I don't want to break the bank on a steering wheel so ideas?

4.) White cloudy ring around the windshield? Wtf is it and why? and can I make it go away!?

5.) Original Oil bath air cleaner ?.. like original looks like a tiny UFO.

6.) Parking break lines

7.) converting drum breaks to disc breaks

8.) New dash pad

9.) Suspension... Coil vs leaf
Attached Images

JHarman69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote