View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 08:30 PM   #20
Extended Power

Re: My 1970 GMC resto-mod, 4 years of changes...

The engine was used....”Very little run time.” Was a quote from the previous owner.
Being that it was on a pallet, there was no way of hearing it run, or even spin it over to see if it had any type of damage.
So the VERY next day, I’m out in the shop...and the wife walks out and asks me, “What the F@%k are you doin?!”

I said, “I’m not going through all the work of installing this engine without inspecting it first.”

So I tore it right down.
Now, as I mentioned before...I can’t leave anything stock for very long....hence my motto: “If it ain’t broke...fix it ‘till it is.”

I sent the block out to be honed, even though there was still lots of crosshatch in the cylinders.
I sold the GM aluminum heads, and bought AFR 335v2.
I changed from the GM hydraulic roller cam, to a Straub Technology solid roller, solid Morel lifters, Straub Tech roller rockers (Harland Sharp), Smith Brothers 7/16” chromoly pushrods, stud girdle, new double roller timing chain, cam button, and all the quirks and issues of using a gen 4 roller valve train in a gen 6.
Lots of measurements, and fitting.....
All new coated bearings, ARP head studs, main studs, cam bearings...you name it, it was changed.
Ordered a set of custom Lemon’s Headers, and was told to take the new oil pan I just bought back, and “get this one....it will give you clearance for the oil filter.”
Attached Images

Last edited by Extended Power; 12-27-2023 at 09:51 PM.
Extended Power is offline   Reply With Quote