View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #35
theastronaut

Re: How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawGarage View Post
Thanks theastronaut, this thread was my go-to resource throughout the whole process. Really happy with the way it turned out! I used different decals on the odometer that matches the original text, and made custom warning light lenses. That probably took the longest. Anyway, thanks again for the great instructions!
Looks great, glad the thread was a help! I usually only use the supplied odometer decals if the original wheels are in rough shape as they aren't an exact match to the originals, that's my only complaint with Greenback's decal set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
What a great read! I have been lurking on this site for a while, but had to join after reading this thread!

Does anyone know where to get a relatively cheap cluster with gauges these days? Seems like rough shaped ones have sky rocketed in the 2 years or so this thread was written. Cheapest i have seen is over $150...and that seems steep to me unless that is the going rate these days. Thanks again for a great read!
Welcome to the forum! You should be able to find one for $75 or less. Deals are still out there; I recently picked up a semi-restored tach/air cluster in excellent condition for $325 shipped.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote