Thread: Title question
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 10:25 AM   #12
geunther

Re: Title question

I am not an expert by any means but Ive seen people loose out because they did not follow the law in 30 year enforcement career. I personally do not think you are acting unethically. The fact that you are seeking advice on how to do this correctly supports that.

So just make sure you do a bit of research for Colorado and Nevada laws (sounds like you have) on this. All states do things a little differently and I wouldn't want you to get jammed up. Your last post is a little confusing to me but if you could, refrain from putting both names ("or") on the title. Only because that might make your presence necessary if it was later sold in Nevada and raises other potential liability issues (again, I don't know their laws, but most states require some action by all sellers).

All that said, if it were me: Transfer title to you in Colorado, then "sell" to your uncle. Original seller's contract was with you, and its a new contract to sell to your uncle. All of this creates clear transfer of ownership.
geunther is offline   Reply With Quote