View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
paulspickupparts

Re: Beware of fake PayPal money requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulspickupparts View Post
Sorry to hear about it Tom.

Paypal has become a nightmare. I have several bad experiences this past year and cringe whenever I have to use it.

As a buyer there are several ways to get free or heavily discounted items using paypal . I do not want to give out the details publicly as I do not want to spread the word and encourage others. Plus their security is so poor I hate even using it.

I will add this . I have never had a bad experience using the buyers on this site. I have had a lot on that auction site.

I also had my account hacked but has been over a year ago. That was a nightmare.
Here is some very important information . It is VERY important you do not have your personal or business bank account linked directly to your paypal account. In other words if you are depositing or withdrawing directly from either of these accounts you are high risk.

My account used to be set up that way and linked to my business account. Luckily I live in a small town and was in my local bank and told the teller (who I personally know ) that I would like to check if a paypal transfer had went thru to deposit funds into my business account. At that moment her eyes became very large and she took me to the side. Here is what she said. If your paypal account is hacked the person now has access to your business account and can totally drain that account also. She had me set up another checking account (I do not write checks on it ) that is used only to receive the deposit . I then either walk into the bank or over the phone and transfer from that account into my business account. Safely .

She also stated that they had numerous bank accounts drained because of being linked to their paypal account. She said that you will get your money back at some point it time but it may take a while to investigate what went wrong. So unless you can be without whatever money you have in your business account you may want to consider setting up a buffer account. when I contacted the paypal rep about this issue she blamed it on the bank. well I have never had trouble with my bank, I have had multiple issues with paypal.

User beware.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote