View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #126
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

ok, so i've been behind on pics. Well, here are some pics.

Personally, I like the last couple the best. although the ones with the plates fitting in are pretty sweet too.

ok, so this is the frame before any boxing took place. Really clean and really straight overall.

I was pretty stoked to get a bunch of steel. I've never bought steel like this before, so it was a cool experience. I wish i had half the tools they had at the place i picked it up from. I ended up with 40' of .125"x6" plate, 24' of 2"x3"x.25" tube and a 4x8 sheet of 18ga sheet metal. All cut down to manageable 4" lengths

Let the paper cutting begin!!

and the tracing...

I wish i could say this was on the first fit. I will say though that the first plate took about an hour to make(not counting the paper time), but the second one went a lot faster. btw, note how the back of the plate (under the cab) is not out to the edge... well, i tacked it in before i realized that a rivet was in the way of it coming out. So, the cutoff wheel came out and i started over.

btw, i did pick up, then modified a welder cart last weekend. Also got a gas tank too. welds so much better with gas.

So these next two shots show the only rust in the entire truck. All of the cab mounts are good, as is all of the outer sheet metal. It's just these little holes in the floor that need to be delt with. Oh, and that square one was an access hole that needed to be cut to get the MC out.

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 03-19-2009 at 11:35 PM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote