View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
scottofksu

Re: Travis' Tribute Truck - 65 Chevy C-10 Camper Special

Truck Progress (or the lack thereof)

Currently I am still in the process of welding in my first patch on the truck floor. By first patch I mean first patch on the truck and first patch/MIG welding experience I have ever had. It has taken me some time to get the welder set up to my liking, but I am feeling much more confident. I thought I had it finished (after MUCH welding wire and grinding), but then I put my light behind the panel and found numerous pin holes between my tacks. I hope to fill these over the weekend and to start on the next patch.

Next up:

I've ordered the good Captain's power steering mounting plate and plan on installing a quick-turn steering gear box very soon.

I'll be ordering new cab supports (since I'm welding new metal on top of them I figured I might as well replace them now as they are about shot) and new rockers very soon. I plan on ordering them from TABCO. Please, if this is not the best place to get body panels, let a guy know!

I'm continuing to monitor sales on engine parts as I slowly accumulate parts for my eventual engine build. Things are going good on this front as I've recently scored an Edelbrock 7501 Air Gap for $140! Next up for the motor, disassemble, inspection, blueprinting, and then off to the machine shop! I plan to order a balanced, forged, rotating assemble comprised of a SCAT crank, Pro-Comp Rods, and forged ICON (Keith Black) dished pistons. That won't be for some time though. I am thinking more and more about getting my engine put together along with my trans and rear-end. That way, once I finish the necessary restoration of all things from the cab forward, I can start to drive the truck while I work on restoring everything from the cab back.

I can't tell you how excited I am to drive this truck again!
scottofksu is offline   Reply With Quote