View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 12:30 PM   #68
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

Ok.. so, I might have a lead on some assistance for the wiring so I am going to turn my attention to trying to put some new stuff on as well as re-installing some parts to move forward. I proceeded with trying to get most of the Vintage Air install completed. I installed the condenser, dryer & binary switch that was supplied with the kit. Overall, it went ok. I test fitted as I assembled and then re installed permanently… I hope! There were a few issues, I guess self-inflected although I think VA could have used a different mount “screws” for the dryer. One issue was I wanted to switch the screw position related to the lower cond. Brackets, I wanted the screw head to be facing out instead of from the engine side. Doing this made the attaching of the nuts quite a bit more difficult due to tight space, but after a few tries with different methods I was finally able to tighten them. The other issue was related to the dryer screws supplied. While test fitting everything I managed to stab or cut multiple fingers on the very sharp points of the screws, my thought is that VA used small screws & nuts everywhere else so why break tradition at the dryer? I am most confident that an engineer /bean counter made that final decision. The only other minor issue was that I needed to long gate top mounting holes of the upper bracket that attaches to the radi core support – minor issue. The misc. line install went pretty good with just a few head scratches on my part. I measured the lines to length and cut extra for now, I will have to have the lines professionally crimped later. The wiring I got pretty much laid in place for now, I will route and loom when I physically start the connection part. The final part I tackled was the dash vents. I am going to replace the dash later so for now I just mocked them in place for connection purposes. Unfortunately, I really didn’t take many pics, I did take a couple though….

Thanks!
Attached Images

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote