View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #24
cochino12
It followed me home?

Re: New Arrival 12/16/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acme Racer View Post
Hi Gang
Here are the pics of the 74 Burb when we got it home Wed, 12/16/09. Its a Cali truck until this last May, Very very solid truck with a 350/350 in it

There have been a few changes that happened today. Mainly the addition of the 18" wheels I had on my '94 Burb, and a quicky "K wash". I'll take pics of the Changes when it stops raining here in "sunny" Florida.

To answer some of your questions, in time it probably will wind up at the least a "cruise in" vehicle. Maybe pressed into some show duty from time to time. It WILL get lowered, spindles, springs and shackles are being looked for as I type this**. Its a "Custom C10", meaning rubber mat floor, AM radio, P/S, P/DB, A/T truck with add on A/C When the (for real) repaint happens, we will stay with the factory color, only lose the white roof, add chrome bumpers, and maybe change the front seats The 74 is really very solid, with just a few minor "bumps and bruises? It drives out really nice, too!

** = (Anyone have drop spindles for a 73-80 1/2 ton burb???)

Whaddya think gang?

Happy Hoildays Everyone from Daytona Beach!
Larry
Looks like a solid truck to start with, these old burbs are growing on me more and more. I would stay with the white top, I think you are going to have a little too much blue if you get rid of it. Anyway keep us posted and dont forget to post some pics with the new wheels.

Adam

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote