View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 05:52 AM   #26
Grumpy old man

Re: Long bed to Short bed conversion.

Well...I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, It's your truck and you should do whatever it is that makes you happy with it . Different strokes for different folks that's what this hobby is all about in the long run anyway . At the end of the day as long as your happy that's all that matters . Everyone has an opinion and to each their own . Being one of the old skool guys I like to see them left as they were built and the short bed craze today may lead to the long bed craze 5 years from now .Who knows ? With as many trucks being parted (I do it myself when rust has claimed another one ) and still seeing these trucks in metal scrap yards not junk yards but metal scrap yards to be crushed it's only time that will tell how rare some of them will become ? I saw one Tuesday at a local scrap yard and tried to get them to let me pull a number of parts off it only to be told "you have 20 minutes then its gone " I jumped into it and kicked the windshield and back window out to save the trim and popped the paint divider off as they came to grab it . I could have spent hours pulling good original chrome . Yes ,There are still a bunch of these out there but we're already seeing them being pulled from the weeds and out of junk yards to be rebuilt ,Guys are searching for good original parts everyday and nothing lasts forever .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote