Old 04-25-2024, 01:43 PM   #5
ProjectDD
Paint, Body & Metalworker

Re: New but Not New.. 2008 Member Finally Buys a C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Welcome in once again.

I will go check out your IG.

Here is a Thread about one year only things, it's got 67 stuff listed also.
There are several one year only things.

Link: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=67+only+items
Thanks, I read through it just now. I guess I was more specifically wondering if there were stampings elsewhere on the body or chassis that would verify the 67 Title it owns.

If the rear view mirror is a good, reliable tell tail. Then it is a 67 cab. I saw a comment about dents in the firewall but mine doesn't have them. My frame appears to be a 67 as it doesn't have a recess for the steering gear. It does however have the later steering setup. Appears to have 68 front marker lights? None of this really matters, it's just something to kill some time and figure out the Heinz 57ness of the truck.

I will stay true to the 67 and go without side marker lights. I like the 71/72 front better but I'm leaning towards buying or making a 67/68 hood for it. I've been deep into 3 different build lists for this project to grasp cost of each path. I may when I decide the final build path, start a project thread. It's gonna be a year of acquiring parts until I start. Until then, I spend about 2hrs a day planning and researching a little bit of everything.
ProjectDD is offline   Reply With Quote