View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #15
MattPSU

Re: porterbuilt orders

Glad to hear you parts finally came and that you're happy with the quality. You just joined the ranks of those of us who have seen Porterbuilt's quality products first hand. Welcome aboard!

As for the 2 weeks means 2 month's comment... I work for a company that offers high quality components for a number of industries - pharmaceutical, food & beverage, chemical, etc. None of the items we offer are low end, and everything has a long lead time (generally 4-10 weeks). But we quote accurate lead times on 98% of the items we quote, and we're dealing with a dozen different manufacturers. We also generally quote longer lead times that expected. Under promise, over deliver. I agree that quality takes time and money, but it doesn't excuse inaccurate information.

Knowing the quality, old school craftsmanship that Porterbuilt offers, I would think they would adhere to the same old school, deliver when promised mentality. For their sake, I hope this is an isolated case and not a glimpse at the future. I know they have a lot going on now too - I think they just moved, upgrading their marketing/website, etc.

Hopefully they sent a shirt, hat, key chain or something to make up for the poor communication!

Can't wait to see the finished product. Good Luck - Matt

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote