View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My Fancy Pants late model truck

Right off the bat I ran into a snag. A real snag. I went to swap the title into my name and the problem arose. Try to follow me here....

The guy I bought it from, we will call him person B, had only owned the truck a short while. He had bought it from person A. But, since he only owned it a short time, he never transferred the title into his name. So, when I bought it, the person whose signature was on the title was person A, not person B. Problem was, person A had signed the wrong line on the title. My girl at the courthouse gave me a form for him to fill out legally stating he had signed the wrong spot in error. Now what do I do ? I sit in the courthouse with a messed up title and a blank form that needs to be signed by a guy who I didn't know and had no idea how to contact him.

Ultimately, I wound up going to his house and knocking on the door. Fortunately his wife was a peach and set up a meeting with me and her husband so he could sign the form for me. When I met him, he was a great guy and explained to me some history on the truck.

He had bought the truck spur of the moment to pull a 35 foot boat from Florida to Texas. He said the truck pulled it at 65 miles per hour the entire way. It seems a combination of 4.10 gears, no overdrive, and pulling a 35 foot boat across the country was enough to hurt the engine. He admitted it had a bad miss when he finished the trip.

He told me the reason he sold the truck though was the throwout bearing had begun screeching and he didn't have the skills to change it or the desire to pay to have it changed. He asked me if the other guy, owner B, had repaired the clutch. Beats me, the throwout bearing doesn't make any noise now (more on this later).