View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 AM   #156
C10agent

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

I seem to have been born with the sickness since there has always been classic cars in the family. I unfortunally don't have the...."grandpa or dad bought from the showroom back in the day", but we have always had cool rides. Dad currently has a 68 GTO 4 spd and a 71 C10 stepper with 383 stroker. I bought my first classic when I was 18 (just turned 32), 66 Buick Skylark off ebay way back then. Drove a one owner 69 Impala all through college I found off ebay also. Had a college chick on her cell phone, blow through a red light and T-Bone/total me in my 67 Impala SS. Sold my 64 Grand Prix to start a business and wife/kids had something to do with it back then also. I had to sell all of my previous babies for some reason or another, but it was time to get another one.

I was really into Fast N Loud and one episode there was a red c10 parked on the "back lot". I thought man, that is what I want, a "shop truck" driver that I can have fun with but not worry about scratching. What do you know (weird timing, I can't make this up) a week later that truck shows up on ebay. They were selling for a friend of theirs and claimed to have gone through it a while ago. I didn't care where it came from, I liked the older paint job with a 350/700R4 only had 5,000 miles on it and lowered. Long story short I bid, won and had it shipped down. I LOVE my truck but I didn't follow my cardinal rule.......always see it before you buy. A lot more rust in ALL the usual places than described. I definitely would have bought the truck, but at least I would have beat him up on the price. I bought it Sept 2013 and I have been doing the non sexy things. Like body mounts, suspension (fronts were cut), gutted the nasty carpet, stripped tint, brakes, etc.....and added some wheels. Here are some pics -
Attached Images

20" American Racing Daytonas
IG - neilioustx - pictures of build/progress

Born and Raised in the Promised Land....
TEXAS Y'ALL!!
C10agent is offline   Reply With Quote