View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #18
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Re: New to me Blazer

first pic;
thing with red connector is the evap purge solenoid. to the right is the purge flow sensor (black connector). fuel vapors flow from tank to charcoal canister, to purge flow sensor, to purge solenoid, to throttle body. IIRC it is on the bottom driver's side you will find a 7/32 metal nipple. as for there being 2 ports on the purge solenoid, it is important to have them correct. look at your diagram on the sticker (fan shroud) it will show the solenoid with a tab-like thing sticking out next to one of the lines. this tab is the wiring connector. place the correct line next to the wire connector.
the tube you have attached to the solenoid looks more like the one that goes from the air cleaner snorkle to the driver's side valve cover (fresh clean air for PCV system)

as for the 10 or 12 gauge wire; what color is the wire and where does it lead to? these trucks have a large red wire with a ring terminal that comes from the pos. battery across the engine behind the AC compressor, in front of the thermostat housing, and over to the alternator. it if is not red, let me know. I will PM you my # so you can call me at work and I will look up the wiring diagrams.

the brackets; my brain is starting to shut down. I best leave those alone for now.
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote