View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 05:12 AM   #3335
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Monday Bootfair first blood went to @CraigRK with a £5.00 vintage Coca Cola mirror for his BBQ area that has a Coca Cola and American Diner theme.

Next his daughter won a prize......
Two large Hello Kitty cushion dolls for £1.50 each, again, crazy money to buy new, these seemed untouched and came from a very clean stall. Trust me, some stalls have mugs for sale that literally have not been washed after being used. Crazy yes, I just keep on by past them.

Bought some more random stuff, including a very large Snail Brand wrench for 50p and a Radley makeup mirror for a friend for 50p

Then from a very clean stall, a load of DVD’s and some CD’s for Joy and myself.

All 5 series of Breaking Bad, for winter viewing, as I have never watched it. £10.00 for the lot, happy with the price.
Deadpool, May be my favourite ever super hero £1.00 as Joy never saw it.
5 disc collection £1.00
Three CD’s for £1.00 of which two are forJoy.

I kept my buy of the day for last.........

It was my first buy, possibly 5 minutes after getting to the Bootfair, and at the end where people park up to display and put their stuff out.
As it cam out the van, I asked how much, thinking between £10.00 and £20.00 would be the price as they were traders...... and Samsonite is known to be good..... the case also has a TSA combination lock fitted, necessary for USA travel, so border agents can open and inspect contents if suspect, unlike into South Africa where your bags get opened to relieve them of valuable contents.

I asked the seller to take the photo as I wanted to show Craig as my newly purchased hard shell cases have been broken the last two years, last year the zipper got torn open and I lost stuff and the year before, they managed to break the one corner and wheel off my bag.

Seller said £3.00 when I asked and her husband said £5.00 so she settled on £4.00 or $5.00 or R70.00

Bit of a bargain, included lock combination.

Got it home and used some Cif/Handy Andy Amonia based scoring agent plus a scrubbing brush to clean it.

Weirdly the outside looked like it had been dragged through a muddy field by a tractor driven by a drunk farmer and the inside was immaculate, with no smells......

Once hosed down, allowed it to dry, then used a bit of furniture polish to buff it up......

And there you go, ready for a Road trip.

This case is perfect for bringing back spares for the truck, or stuff Craig may find for his four vehicles.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote