View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 11:23 AM   #84
RoyL

Re: 65 Burb body mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyL View Post
I finally got mine from truck shop so I measured the rectangular mounts:

Here's what I think they are supposed to be (Chevy parts book, ron, lewis) Truck shop measurements in blue:
length - 3.0" Truck Shop - 3.25"
width - 1.76" Truck Shop - 1.9"
height (thickness) - 0.92" w/ raised portion, 0.72" w/o raised portion
Truck Shop height - 0.69" w/ raised portion, 0.59" w/o raised portion
rubber side hole diameter - ~0.75" Truck Shop - 0.76"
steel side hole diameter - ~0.44" Truck Shop - 0.62"

Have not installed yet, anybody have a problem with them fitting between the rails, since these are a little wider?

And the diameter of the steel side hole is much larger, looks like it'll make for a sloppier fit for the bolt?
I finally got to replacing some of my rubber body mounts with the Truck Shop ones. I used the square ones with the sleeves on the frontmost cab mounts. Good fit, previous ones were round, I assume replaced at some point. Don't have the fenders on yet, so don't know if I'll need spacers for added thickness.

I used the rectangular ones to replace my rusted ones in the rear positions. They do fit between the rails, was concerned with extra width. Comments on the install of the rectangular ones:
  • No sleeve hardware provided, gotta find your own.
  • Raised half moon sections were too low, didn't really make a good positive interlock with the other mating half. OEM height was 0.2”, these are ~0.1" or less. Some were taller than others, not consistent.
  • Larger hole on the steel made for a sloppy fit, but not a big deal.
  • Thickness was less than original parts (not quite 1/4" less), you may need to use spacers

Last edited by RoyL; 04-21-2022 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Typo
RoyL is offline   Reply With Quote