View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #16
dillonv2008

Re: 1946 chevy truck build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I am not saying your bars dont measure 13", I am saying in the plane viewed from the side of the truck, the bars will be much shorter than 13", more like 9 or 10 effective length. make a mark on the frame at the axle, then measure forward to where the bar attaches, it will be 10 inches or less. this is all that matters in bar length, effective length. I could have a 70" long bar set at a 1/2 degree angle from the rear axle and the effective length would only be 2".

did you buy a parallel link and switch it to triangulated? all 4 21" sounds like a parallel 4 link setup. either way, to manage pinion angle change you need to get the bar lengths within about 80% of each other. so for a 21" bar that is 17" effective length. thats about how long it would be if you took a 21" bar and mounted it at an angle for a triangulated setup.

Most guys put the upper bars down because that is what the frame allows, but having them already at a down angle when the bottom bars are level means you will have lots of pinion angle change. Its true that "pinching" the front of the bars together (upper pointing down slightly to roughly level lower bars) changes IC. but with adjustable suspension I would recommend to try getting your pinion angle change and roll steer good and worry about IC as a secondary concern.

just measured if looking at a side view how much bar is used center of axle to link. and 13" the bar it self is 13 3/4 long. at the adjustment I have end links in are total 17" center eye hole to center eye hole
dillonv2008 is offline   Reply With Quote