View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #20
c10hevy

Re: 1987 V2500/3500 12v nv4500 build

Its been a long time since my last post. New girlfriend, new house, and new job has taken up most of my time. I got the truck relocated this winter in between snow and -43 windchill days and started tearing her down.

I removed most of the front end, except the bumper because it is welded to the frame.

Then I pulled the pump and lines as well as the front cover and tappet cover to seal some leaks.
Found out that my rear pump support has been broken for who knows how long so reassembly was on hold.
I received a new OEM support and front crank seal because my crank snout was badly grooved. This last weekend I went to install everything and bump the timing back to 16 degrees, only to find that I lost the support!!
I spent 3 hours cleaning my garage up and still couldn't find it anywhere! So i ordered another and am currently waiting.

Once I get the pump in and secured and the engine buttoned up, it will be time to rework the radiator support and modify the AC bracket to move it above the Alt. I can imagine spending $600 to get one of the kits when a few beads and some plate steel will get my the same result. I took my inspiration from grw800 whose thread is located here: https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/9...d-cummins.html

Then it will be on to a new clutch and trans support....possibly a twin stick for the np205. Not to mention finally getting around to filling up the Dana 60.
Attached Images

c10hevy is offline   Reply With Quote