Thread: Line bores
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #16
68c10owner

Re: Line bores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
I dont tow often or very far usually. The 383 minimal the tunnel ram will go on will be at 3000rpm at 60 mph in drive. So I will have air velocity on my side.

The stroker cranks for small journals are $1500+ due to custom ordering, and as i was told needed to be forged. Called 2 different crank companies. Or roughly the same cost as a Dart shp block that fits what I have.

I have a 350 i need to disassemble to see if it any good, but older blocks for my intended purpose are a touch on the weak side. Where the shp is perfectly happy. Plus has priority oiling, and a couple of other nice features.

The truck I build this for is not intended to be practical, but be able to do some practical stuff.

I would not run a tunnel ram for this application at all. Completely the wrong application.

Eagle use to make a crank bit it wasn't even $1000. Bit again, I wouldn't use that block for a 383 build. You don't need to have forged cranks and high dollar parts for a build like this. Sounds to me like the shops you have been talking to are more interested in taking your money than actually working with you to build something that is suited to how the truck will be used. I've been doing this a long time and far too often I see guys who are not very knowledgeable listening to the wrong folks and throwing away good money.