View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 12:41 AM   #144
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

oh probably 6 months if I really try. the first took a year. I want to do them faster but I feel like I am not spending enough time making it good and up to my standards. I wish I could buy the first one back, and redo it with everything I have learned... heck I wish I could redo nicks 54 that I did over christmas, these parts I am making now are lightyears better than the old ones I hand cut and welded.

anyway.

visited greg, his wife raises bengals and these two were "helping" sometimes they get more than one kind of cat in a litter, so even through they are brothers they dont look the same. names are This and That.

finished up his firewall with a new piece I cut that both closes the old steering column hole and locates the new hole when the column is centered on the gauges, I see a lot of use for that.

I gave him a list of shaft and u joint parts to buy, when he gets them in I will install them and thats my last piece.

he lives about 30 min east, and as luck would have it I made a deal with another guy local to greg on a steering wheel for bickle, a 3 spoke chevelle. he had another, a two spoke that was more complete but someone else had dibbed it. but after dibbing he went to the lake for the holiday and maybe would pick it up tuesday. this was sunday. I paid for my wheel and said if the other guy falls through I will come back and buy the other also, he said save a trip and sold me both.

so now I am leaning towards champagne mist for the interior, marc did you use that on your truck?

more next post.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 05-28-2020 at 01:16 AM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote