View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
semn49

Re: '01 crown vic front on '49?

Well the salvage yard I got it out of said '01 and up parts would fit, so just going on what they said. I'm far from a ford expert.Thanks for the input.

As far as what I am trying to do..... well I look at this frontend and thought that, given the price and a little skill/luck, it could be modified to fit under my '49 chevy 1/2 ton.
Beings how it (the crossmember itself) was too wide just to slide in and bolt to the frame, I narrowed it up by 7.5".
Now, because the frame of the '49 is tapered in and curves down, the front doesn't sit level with the frame. So I am probably going to make spacers to line everything up. BUT before I do that I just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone had ever done this before, or if someone knew measurements comparing the Crown Vic A-arm mounting points to the Mustang. I don't have a mustang II crossmember but thought about buying one and experimenting. You can stip the aluminum CV crossmember down to just the crossmember, so you could use just the a-arms coils shocks and everything outboard from there(I think).

Last edited by semn49; 03-10-2011 at 01:19 PM.
semn49 is offline   Reply With Quote