View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #439
Steve Cole

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
I forgot about the high beam indicator, but there's a pic on page 1 of this thread. It's a 12v LED I bought at Radio Shack. it has a small nut that threads on it so you can bolt it in a hole. I made a bracket that bolts to one of the screws that holds the speedo part in. I also ended up putting a piece of window tint under the face, between it and the clear plastic part, to keep it from appearing to glow when the dash lights are on. The dash lights will light up the clear and the indicator will be white. putting the window tint darkens it so you don't see it, but it's not so dark that the LED doesn't show through.
Hey Eric, two questions: since you mounted the high beam indicator to one of the speedo attachment bosses, does this mean you only used the other two bosses to attach the speedo to the plate? To clarify, there are only 3 attach points to secure the clear plastic speedo plate to the metal plate, so was the upper attach point omitted so the light bracket could be used there?

Also, I noticed you added two of the single wire lights between the 2 sets of small gauges, does this make a noticeable difference in gauge brightness?

Thanks!
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote